- The W&OD and Four Mile Run trails in Arlington will be closed for six weeks starting the week of Feb. 18. The closure begins at N. Four Mile Run Drive and ends at the Custis Trail.
- Several local runners were named Gatorade Athlete of the Year for their respective states:
- Maryland – Northwood senior Obsaa Feda
- Washington, D.C. – Washington Latin junior Luke Tewalt and Woodrow Wilson junior Claire Wigglesworth
- Oakton alumna Keira (Carlstrom) D’Amato and Vienna resident Perry Shoemaker were the USATF Virginia open and masters athletes of the year, while Patriot alumna Rachel McArthur was the female under 20 cross country athlete of the year.
- Chantilly alumnus Sean McGorty qualified for the world indoor track championships, running 13:21.35 for 5,000 meters at the BU Valentines Invitational.
- Gonzaga and Georgetown alumnus Collin Leibold (3:59.51) and Georgetown senior Spencer Brown (3:59.97) broke the four-minute mile barrier.
- Anthony Crawford, who is charged with the murder of D.C. runner Wendy Martinez last year, was found not competent during a mental health screening, WTOP reports.
- Arlington’s Mike Wardian has submitted his ten-marathon total of 2:12:46 to the Guinness Book of World Records for ratification. He followed the World Marathon Challenge with three marathons run on Hains Point.
The Montgomery County Planning Board holds a March 30 hearing on Little Falls Parkway, RRCA honors Maryland runners.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.