- Three Loudoun Valley relay teams won national championships over the weekend, with two setting national indoor records.
- Distance Medley Relay: 9:54.41 (national record): Jacob Hunter (1200 in 3:01.331) Akere Simms (400 in 50.908) Connor Wells (800 in 1:55.96) and Sam Affolder (1600 in 4:06.205)
- 4xMile: 17:01.81 (national record): Kevin Carlson (4:22.26), Connor Wells (4L21.456), Sam Affolder (4:06.192) and Jacob Hunter (4:11.901). Loudoun Valley also had two other relay teams in the top eight.
- 4×800 7:40.49: Jacob Windle (1:57.453), Connor Wells (1:57.046), Sam Affolder (1:51.368) and Jacob Hunter (1:54.619).
- At the NCAA Division I Indoor Track and Field Championships, Heritage alumna Weini Kelati (New Mexico) finished second in the 5,000 meters and third in the 3,000 meters, the Georgetown distance medley relay team of Jack Salisbury, Lawrence Leake, Ruach Padhal and Nick Wareham finished third; Patriot alumna Rachel McArthur ran on the Villanova distance medley relay team that finished fourth and Georgetown’s Joe White finished fifth in the 800 meters.
- Montgomery County Parks Natural Surface Trail Manager Bob Turnbull was named “Trail Builder of the Year” by Mid-Atlantic Off Road Enthusiasts, a mountain bike riding and trail building organization.
Fairfax County Detectives have arrested and charged a 42-year-old Herndon man with crimes related to indecent exposures near the Washington and Old Dominion Trail in August, the department reported.
Fairfax County schools and a few local guests raced at Burke Lake Saturday, with the Potomac School’s Charlie Ortmans and W.T. Woodson and Herndon’s Gillian Bushee and West Springfield leading…
Assaults on the W&D Trail, a stabbing on the Custis Trail, an extension for the Beach Drive closure, new bridges and trails and honors for local cross country/track runners and coaches.
A new cross country season will welcome hundreds of new fans to races, eager to watch their kids compete.
The 18th annual St. Rita 5K & Fun Run is a fall classic on treelined streets through beautiful Alexandria, Va.
Certified & chip-timed 5K follows a flat, fast, out-and-back course through Potomac Yard.
The morning festivities includes a live DJ,
The Association of African Methodist Episcopal Scouts’ (AAMES) 1st Annual 5K In-Person/Virtual Run-Walk Race
Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 8:00 A.M.
Fort Washington National Park, 13551 Fort Washington Road, Fort Washington, Maryland 20744