- The Montgomery County Department of Transportation is having a community meeting at 7 p.m. Jan. 29 at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School to discuss designs of the Capital Crescent Trail tunnel and surface route through Bethesda.
- Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich did not include any money in his budget proposal for the county’s for a tunnel to carry the Capital Crescent Trail under Wisconsin Avenue.
- The Marine Corps Marathon has permanently banned a 55-year-old woman from its race series after an investigation showed she had cut several race courses over four years. A consistent absence of on-course photos and timing mat data helped the race organization come to that conclusion.
- St. John’s College High School’s Desmond Dunham was named the National Federation of High School Associations Coaches Association’s girls’ track and field national coach of the year.
- Dunham and Gonzaga College High School’s John Ausema were named cross country coach of the year by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.
Going gets easier on the Rock Creek Park path, locals head to nationals, three net OTQs and Arlington gets RRCA recognition.
The only thing better than running 50 miles through D.C. with four friends on an unseasonably cool June day? Running 60 miles with nine friends. In its second year, the…
A man on a moped harassed a runner and then a cyclist in Northeast D.C. on June 10.
Georgetown’s Parker Stokes finished third in the steeplechase at the NCAA Championships, Howard’s women’s 4×4 team finished fifth, and two Hoyas finished in the top 15 in the women’s 10k.