- The Montgomery County Department of Transportation is having a community meeting at 7 p.m. Jan. 29 at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School to discuss designs of the Capital Crescent Trail tunnel and surface route through Bethesda.
- Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich did not include any money in his budget proposal for the county’s for a tunnel to carry the Capital Crescent Trail under Wisconsin Avenue.
- The Marine Corps Marathon has permanently banned a 55-year-old woman from its race series after an investigation showed she had cut several race courses over four years. A consistent absence of on-course photos and timing mat data helped the race organization come to that conclusion.
- St. John’s College High School’s Desmond Dunham was named the National Federation of High School Associations Coaches Association’s girls’ track and field national coach of the year.
- Dunham and Gonzaga College High School’s John Ausema were named cross country coach of the year by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.
A break from racing one of my favorite events gave me a chance to help other runners reach their time goals.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
7:30 AM – Half Marathon Start
Run the scenic C&O Towpath!
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours.
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
Sunday, May 19th, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM, on