- The Montgomery County Council voted to approve $54.9 million to replace the tunnel carrying the Capital Crescent Trail under Wisconsin Avenue in Bethesda. The tunnel is due to open in 2026, three years after completion of the Purple Line station, which will occupy the previous tunnel.
- Beach Drive and Ross Drive in Rock Creek Park will remain closed to traffic through June 8.
- Montgomery Blair alumna Morgan Casey wrote for the UMBC Retriever about how disruptions in her live during the pandemic have challenged her recovery from an eating disorder. She had earlier shared her story with RunWashington.
- Former Freedom and Forest Park coach Leroy Worley was named interim cross country and track coach at Emory and Henry College.
- I will be appeearing on Potomac River Running’s Instagram Live Wednesday, May 20 from 8 pm – 9 pm.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
St. Albans and GVS’s Vivian Kelly won their first DC cross country titles while St. Johns’ girls and St. Albans’ Pierre Attiogbe repeated.
Beach Drive remains closed to through traffic year-round, locals win conference, USATF titles.
Capt. Kyle King won the Marine Corps Marathon, a year after he planned to make his debut at the race, and Chelsea Baker of the British Royal Navy made tremendous strides winning the women’s race.
Born in 1984 as the George Washington Parkway Classic, it is among the most scenic and spacious distance races on the East Coast. From the serene beauty of our spacious course meandering through the finest spring bloom in the DC