- The Montgomery County Council voted to approve $54.9 million to replace the tunnel carrying the Capital Crescent Trail under Wisconsin Avenue in Bethesda. The tunnel is due to open in 2026, three years after completion of the Purple Line station, which will occupy the previous tunnel.
- Beach Drive and Ross Drive in Rock Creek Park will remain closed to traffic through June 8.
- Montgomery Blair alumna Morgan Casey wrote for the UMBC Retriever about how disruptions in her live during the pandemic have challenged her recovery from an eating disorder. She had earlier shared her story with RunWashington.
- Former Freedom and Forest Park coach Leroy Worley was named interim cross country and track coach at Emory and Henry College.
- I will be appeearing on Potomac River Running’s Instagram Live Wednesday, May 20 from 8 pm – 9 pm.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
The George Washington Patriot Run is a 10-Miler and a 5K on Sunday, September 10.
The racecourse includes both lanes of a 5-mile stretch of the George Washington Parkway.
The Finish Festival will offer music, food and beverage concessions, and