- D.C. running mainstay Wilson Komen will be the guest on Wednesday’s Potomac River Running Instagram Live, 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. Punch it!
- Julie Culley resigned as Georgetown’s director of track and field and cross country to take a job at Brooks Sports as a sports marketing manager.
- Herndon alumna Hiruni Wijayaratne was a guest on the Running Through It podcast and DyeStat Discussions (where it will be available for free until Aug. 28)
- Loudoun Valley alumnus Drew Hunter was featured in Track and Field News.
- Arlington County will widen the sidewalk on the Four Mile Run Bridge on Columbia Pike, add lighting and improve guardrails this fall.
- W&OD Trail users near Ashburn will see some equestrian trail closures over the next three weeks.
- W&OD Trail users will be detoured for two weeks to accomodate Lee Highway trail bridge construction.
- The District Department of Transportation recently upgraded lighting on the Metropolitan Branch Trail.
- Emily Halnon, a former D.C. resident who won “Best Blog” in the 2013 Best of Washington Running voting, ran the fastest known time for the Pacific Crest Trail and was a guest on the Ali on the Run Show podcast.