- D.C. running mainstay Wilson Komen will be the guest on Wednesday’s Potomac River Running Instagram Live, 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. Punch it!
- Julie Culley resigned as Georgetown’s director of track and field and cross country to take a job at Brooks Sports as a sports marketing manager.
- Herndon alumna Hiruni Wijayaratne was a guest on the Running Through It podcast and DyeStat Discussions (where it will be available for free until Aug. 28)
- Loudoun Valley alumnus Drew Hunter was featured in Track and Field News.
- Arlington County will widen the sidewalk on the Four Mile Run Bridge on Columbia Pike, add lighting and improve guardrails this fall.
- W&OD Trail users near Ashburn will see some equestrian trail closures over the next three weeks.
- W&OD Trail users will be detoured for two weeks to accomodate Lee Highway trail bridge construction.
- The District Department of Transportation recently upgraded lighting on the Metropolitan Branch Trail.
- Emily Halnon, a former D.C. resident who won “Best Blog” in the 2013 Best of Washington Running voting, ran the fastest known time for the Pacific Crest Trail and was a guest on the Ali on the Run Show podcast.
Derwood’s Lake Needwood helped Maggie Lloyd almost forget all about the summer misery and, somehow, the pandemic, for an hour or so.
Loudoun County’s map of unpaved roads led me to a beauty of a run north of Leesburg.
The sights, smells and open roads of the National Arboretum are open to runners nine hours a day.
Patuxent River Park in Upper Marlboro, Md. boasts more than 6,000 acres of nature trails and wildlife just ten miles off the Beltway. If you prefer a running soundtrack of croaking frogs…
Losing to Live 5K Walk/Run
WHEN Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 9:00 am WHERE This convenient location is just minutes from your house located 1/2 mile inside the 1-495 Capital Beltway at exit 51. Spectators are welcome to watch and cheer on the runners. Capital
CHCI 5K: Run To Lead
DATE: Sunday, June 11, 2023
7:30 AM | Gates Open/Participant Check-In
8:20 AM | Opening Ceremony
8:30 AM | Kids Run
9:00 AM | 5K Run-Walk
1500 S Capitol Street, SE
Washington, D.C. 20002