- The NCAA Championships start this week, first with regional rounds for Division I starting Wednesday. Most distance runners from local colleges or high schoools will compete in the east, with two runners in the west regional. We don’t usually cover Charles County, but we’ll toss La Plata’s Miles Smith in there so you know to look out for him in the West. Josh Fry, a Bethesda- Chevy Chase, was the only Division III distance runner to qualify.
- Marine Corps Marathon historian George Banker wrote for Runner’s Gazette about the late Marine Corps Marathon record holder Jeff Scuffins.
- D.C. resident Jarad Schofer, who ran every street in D.C. last year, was a guest on the Something for Nothing podcast during his run and walk across the United States to raise money for cancer research.
- Several local runners were named Gatorade Player of the Year for cross country:
- D.C. – Lili Grant, Georgetown Visitation junior
- D.C. – Damian Hackett, St. Albans senior
- Virginia – Bryce Lentz, Colgan senior
- Maryland – Juliette Whittaker, a Mount De Sales junior who lives in Prince George’s County