The new dual trail portion of the W&OD Trail is open in Falls Church, nearly 1.5 miles of trail from Little Falls Street to North West Street. The altered section of trail features an 11-foot-wide path for cycling, an 8-foot-wide path for walkers, and a 2-foot-wide colored and textured median between the two paths to separate trail users traveling at different speeds.
- Powerline work by Dominion Energy along the W&OD Trail in Ashburn will require a five-mile detour Oct. 18 – 22, with a chance it could take up to a week longer.
- The Richmond Marathon, seen as Marine Corps fallback option, has sold out, though the race plans to expand the field somewhat.
The Montgomery County Planning Board will review and provide advisory comments to the Montgomery County Department of Transportation on the Capital Crescent Surface Trail and Tunnel on Oct. 14. Sign up to testify and send in comments.
- The Road Runners Club of America will hold its 2022 one mile national championship at the Loudoun Street Mile May 30 in Winchester, Va.
- Oakton and American alumna Keira D’Amato finished fourth at the Chicago Marathon.
- Herndon alumna Hiruni Wijayaratne was a guest on the Run Eat Sleep Show.
- Arlington resident and former Georgetown coach Julie Culley was a guest on the I’ll Have Another podcast.
- Sidwell Friends alumna Taylor Knibb was a guest on the Inside Tri podcast.
- Knibb will participate in a DC Triathlon Club discussion Oct. 14 at 7 p.m. Register here
Fairfax County Detectives have arrested and charged a 42-year-old Herndon man with crimes related to indecent exposures near the Washington and Old Dominion Trail in August, the department reported.
Fairfax County schools and a few local guests raced at Burke Lake Saturday, with the Potomac School’s Charlie Ortmans and W.T. Woodson and Herndon’s Gillian Bushee and West Springfield leading…
Assaults on the W&D Trail, a stabbing on the Custis Trail, an extension for the Beach Drive closure, new bridges and trails and honors for local cross country/track runners and coaches.
A new cross country season will welcome hundreds of new fans to races, eager to watch their kids compete.
The 18th annual St. Rita 5K & Fun Run is a fall classic on treelined streets through beautiful Alexandria, Va.
Certified & chip-timed 5K follows a flat, fast, out-and-back course through Potomac Yard.
The morning festivities includes a live DJ,
The Association of African Methodist Episcopal Scouts’ (AAMES) 1st Annual 5K In-Person/Virtual Run-Walk Race
Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 8:00 A.M.
Fort Washington National Park, 13551 Fort Washington Road, Fort Washington, Maryland 20744