- Due to excessive rain over the past few days, Montgomery County Parks is closing all natural surface trails for the rest of the week. This is intended to protect both the trails and their users.
- Generally look out near trees, because the heavy rains have exposed roots and loosened the ground
- A car drove onto the W&OD Trail Monday evening, July 23 between Leesburg and the Loudoun County Fairgrounds. The car, which a witness described as likely a gold Lexus, was heading east and traveling about as fast as a car would on a road and fast enough that the witness couldn’t take a picture or make out the license plate. Several people reported nearly being hit.
- Further east on the W&OD Trail, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved final design plans for a bridge over Wiehle Avenue that is due to be completed by October 2022. Reston Now has more.
- The D.C. Road Runners club held its track championships in Saturday’s deluge, featuring men’s and women’s elite miles and 800 meter races. Click (more) to see videos.
Men’s 800 meters
Women’s 800 meters
A break from racing one of my favorite events gave me a chance to help other runners reach their time goals.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
7:30 AM – Half Marathon Start
Run the scenic C&O Towpath!
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours.
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
Sunday, May 19th, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM, on