- Due to excessive rain over the past few days, Montgomery County Parks is closing all natural surface trails for the rest of the week. This is intended to protect both the trails and their users.
- Generally look out near trees, because the heavy rains have exposed roots and loosened the ground
- A car drove onto the W&OD Trail Monday evening, July 23 between Leesburg and the Loudoun County Fairgrounds. The car, which a witness described as likely a gold Lexus, was heading east and traveling about as fast as a car would on a road and fast enough that the witness couldn’t take a picture or make out the license plate. Several people reported nearly being hit.
- Further east on the W&OD Trail, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved final design plans for a bridge over Wiehle Avenue that is due to be completed by October 2022. Reston Now has more.
- The D.C. Road Runners club held its track championships in Saturday’s deluge, featuring men’s and women’s elite miles and 800 meter races. Click (more) to see videos.
Men’s 800 meters
Women’s 800 meters
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.