- The “zoo loop” trail circumnavigating the Beach Drive Tunnel near Shoreham Drive in Rock Creek Park has closed because erosion of the creekbed is threatening the safety of the paved path. The Washington Area Bicyclist Association reports the closure may last as long as one year, given the trail improvement timeline
- A one-mile section of the Custis Trail in Arlington will close for trail improvements between July 30 – Aug. 24.
- The District Department of Transportation broke ground July 28 on an extension of the Metropolitan Branch Trail that will lead to the Fort Totten Metro station from John McCormack Ave NE in Brookland.
- The Army Ten-Miler online transfer program is open until Aug. 28.
- The Marine Corps Marathon transfer program is open and the deferment program will begin Aug. 15.
- Former American University track and cross country coach Matt Centrowitz was named director of cross country and track and field at Manhattan College.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
St. Albans and GVS’s Vivian Kelly won their first DC cross country titles while St. Johns’ girls and St. Albans’ Pierre Attiogbe repeated.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.