- The “zoo loop” trail circumnavigating the Beach Drive Tunnel near Shoreham Drive in Rock Creek Park has closed because erosion of the creekbed is threatening the safety of the paved path. The Washington Area Bicyclist Association reports the closure may last as long as one year, given the trail improvement timeline
- A one-mile section of the Custis Trail in Arlington will close for trail improvements between July 30 – Aug. 24.
- The District Department of Transportation broke ground July 28 on an extension of the Metropolitan Branch Trail that will lead to the Fort Totten Metro station from John McCormack Ave NE in Brookland.
- The Army Ten-Miler online transfer program is open until Aug. 28.
- The Marine Corps Marathon transfer program is open and the deferment program will begin Aug. 15.
- Former American University track and cross country coach Matt Centrowitz was named director of cross country and track and field at Manhattan College.
Arlington seeks trail feedback; Infeld, Whittaker, Guerra Tewalt make U.S. teams for World Championships, backward running track meet next week, Wardian completes cross-country run.
Going gets easier on the Rock Creek Park path, locals head to nationals, three net OTQs and Arlington gets RRCA recognition.
The only thing better than running 50 miles through D.C. with four friends on an unseasonably cool June day? Running 60 miles with nine friends. In its second year, the…
A man on a moped harassed a runner and then a cyclist in Northeast D.C. on June 10.