- The Washington Area Bicyclist Association is circulating a letter asking the Montgomery County Planning Board to reconsider its decision to shift the Capital Crescent Trail at Little Falls Parkway in Bethesda to a nearby controlled intersection while removing traffic calming improvements that have been in place near the current crossing.
- Georgetown Day School rising senior Ziyah Holman ran a leg of the United States’ world record-setting 4×400 meter relay at the Pan Am U20 games. She split 51.54 seconds.
- Good Counsel alumna Rachel Pocratsky reached the semifinals of the 800 meters in the World University Games in Naples, Italy.
- Seven runners with local connections will race the 5,000 meters at the U.S. Track and Field Championships in Des Moines, Iowa July 25-28. Six locals will run the 800 meters and one will run the 3,00 meter steeplechase. They include Drew Hunter, Josette Norris and Stephanie Garcia in the 5,000 meters. The meet will be broadcast on NBC Sports Gold.
- The U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association named several track coaches coach of the year for their respective states (or federal districts):
- D.C. – Michael Cooley- Sidwell Friends
- D.C. – Desmond Dunham – St. John’s College
- Maryland – Darryl Hamilton – Largo
- Virginia -Scott Raczko – South Lakes
Welcome to Parks Half Marathon, one of the most beautiful USATF certified courses in the Mid-Atlantic region! Our race begins just before sunrise on a scenic Montgomery County road and…
Hot enough for ya? How about, humid enough for ya?
D’Amato makes world marathon team, hopes arise for July completion of zoo loop, one pedestrian offramp for the American Legion Bridge in Maryland.
Coaching high school cross country and track made Kelyn Soong a better runner.
The 8th Annual VIDA Thrive 5K event is back in person, happening October 15, 2022 at 8am! We are looking forward to welcoming back runners this year to support Thrive DC.
The new location is along Beach Drive through beautiful