- Part of the Western Ridge Trail will be closed for up to seven months for rebuilding starting March 31 between Porter Street NW to Bluffs Footbridge along Beach Drive NW. It’s the paved path that runs under the Porter Street Bridge, and the detour will follow the paved path on the other side of Rock Creek.
- The National Park Service has rolled back the pedestrian closure of East Potomac Park.
- Georgetown alumnus Andrew Bumbalough was a guest on the Morning Shakeout podcast.
A break from racing one of my favorite events gave me a chance to help other runners reach their time goals.
Eight local runners will compete in the Olympic Marathon Trials Saturday morning in Orlando.
St. Albans alumnus wins club cross country championship.
Locals contribute to NCAA titles, another Trials qualifier, Prince William County moves toward an indoor track and comments are sought for the Capital Crescent Trail.
7:30 AM – Half Marathon Start
Run the scenic C&O Towpath!
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours.
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
Sunday, May 19th, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM, on