- The Coalition for the Capital Crescent Trail will hold its annual meeting at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 13. The guest speaker will be John Noel, Deputy Superintendent of the C&O Canal National Historical Park, which is responsible for the DC section of the CCT. RVSP here
- The Active Transportation Advisory Group (ATAG) wants your input regarding improving bicycling and walking in Prince George’s County. M-NCPPC staff will update attendees on bicycle and pedestrian-related initiatives, opportunities for input regarding specific projects. ATAG also wants to hear your concerns, ideas, and recommendations on improving bicycling and walking in the county.
- George Washington’s Olivia Syftestad was named the Atlantic 10’s rookie performer of the week for her third place finish at the Mount St. Mary’s Duals
- GW has also hired the District Track Club’s Quamel Prince as an assistant coach.
- American University hired Samford University volunteer assistant Tyra Massey as an assistant coach.
- Former D.C. resident Brittany Peterson has written, directed and edited a short film about two runners completing ultramarathons in D.C. during the pandemic. Learn more here
The D.C. area will offer plenty of opportunities to join the biggest road racing day of the year.
Silver Spring’s Jordan Tropf ran three marathons in three days: Baltimore, Chicago and Boston, with some excitement along the way.
Three local runners earned All-America honors at the NCAA Division I and III Cross Country Championships.
A bevy of local runners will be competing at the NCAA Cross Country Championships Saturday.