- Heritage alumna Weini Kelati broke the America 10k road racing record Sunday at the Boston 10k for Women, running 31:18.
- Sherwood High School is celebrating Dan Reeks’ more than 50 years in coaching Nov. 6 from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Read more about his coaching career here.
- George Mason University’s Jack Ikenberry and Annabelle Eastman were named Atlantic 10 Performers of the Week for their races at the Princeton Invitational.
- American University’s Oscar Counsell was named Patriot League Rookie of the Week for his race at the Pirate Invitational.
- St. John’s coach Desmond Dunham was a guest on Pace the Nation, talking about his book Running Against the Odds.
- Construction on a new pedestrian bridge over Wiehle Avenue is set to begin sometime next summer, Reston Now reported.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.