- A man has been attacking women on Rock Creek Park’s Piney Branch Trail. More from Prince of Pentworth.
- The IAAF World Championships start this week, and they will include Georgetown alumna Rachel Schneider in the 5,000 meters and DuVal alumnus Edose Ibadin running the 800 meters for Nigeria. Following a variety of foot injuries, Loudoun Valley alumnus Drew Hunter will not be racing the 5,000 meters.
- Richard Montgomery alumnus Rohann Asfaw , now a junior at the University of Virginia, was named ACC Cross Country Performer of the Week Sept. 18 after winning the Cavalier Classic.
- Georgetown’s Spencer Brown and Madeline Perez, both graduate students, were named Big East Cross Country Athletes of the Week Sept. 18. Both were second at the Spiked Shoe Invitational.
- George Washington University senior Suzanne Dannheim was named Atlantic 10 Women’s Performer of the Week Sept. 17 for her victory at the Mason Invitational.
- Fairfax’s Bethany Sachtleben was awarded a grant from the Road Runners Club of America for support as she trains for the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials. She is one of 17 runners, including 2012 Marine Corps Marathon champion Augustus Maiyo, to receive part of the $45,000 total.
- Rockville’s Julie Sapper was a guest on the Rambling Runner podcast.
- Montgomery Blair alumna Ashlyn Sinclair has started work as an assistant coach at Catholic University.
- Georgetown alumna Sam Nadel has started work as an assistant distance coach at the University of North Carolina.
- The Washington Nationals’s Runner’s Night is Tuesday, Sept. 24. For ticket prices and more information, check here.
Check out some mile seven photos from the Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. Half Marathon.
New RnR course, Chocolate City Relay applications open, PVTC finishes second at masters indoors, Shoemaker sets 3k AR, DRC starts up again Wednesday.
Runners from local clubs raced the RRCA Club Challenge Feb. 26 in Howard County, Md.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
Hero Dogs 3rd Annual 5K9
The in-person event at the historic Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC will include a 5K and 1K fun run. There will also be a virtual option for supporters outside the DC area. Race week festivities will also include an amazing
George Washington Patriot Run
Join George Washington’s Mount Vernon for a 10-miler and 5K race along the George Washington Memorial Parkway. This race is live and in-person, with a virtual option for those who prefer to run at their own pace and schedule.