- MoCoRunning’s Kevin Milsted, whose dedication to comprehensive record-keeping in high school cross country and track has been peerless, has begun compiling track and cross country results for Washington, D.C. schools, Inter-high Track, focusing on meets prior to the internet era.
- Anthony Brennan III, of Kensington, Md. pleaded guilty Wednesday to three counts of second-degree assault for a June 1 incident on the Capital Crescent Trail, WTOP reported.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. marathon, half marathon and 5k, scheduled for March 27, has been postponed to Nov. 13.
- Arlington’s Oliver Leblond set an American record for the men’s age 45-49 age group for the 100 mile track run in 12:41:57.
- Montgomery County, Md. schools will not run indoor track this winter.
- Georgetown alumna Rachel Schneider was a guest on the I’ll Have Another podcast.
- Endeavorun is conducting a survey about its possible running retreats.
Divided lanes coming to Hains Point, safety measures in the works for the Mount Vernon Trail, three locals make national high school XC meet, local collegians race at NCAAs.
St. Albans and GVS’s Vivian Kelly won their first DC cross country titles while St. Johns’ girls and St. Albans’ Pierre Attiogbe repeated.
Beach Drive remains closed to through traffic year-round, locals win conference, USATF titles.
Capt. Kyle King won the Marine Corps Marathon, a year after he planned to make his debut at the race, and Chelsea Baker of the British Royal Navy made tremendous strides winning the women’s race.
Born in 1984 as the George Washington Parkway Classic, it is among the most scenic and spacious distance races on the East Coast. From the serene beauty of our spacious course meandering through the finest spring bloom in the DC