- MoCoRunning’s Kevin Milsted, whose dedication to comprehensive record-keeping in high school cross country and track has been peerless, has begun compiling track and cross country results for Washington, D.C. schools, Inter-high Track, focusing on meets prior to the internet era.
- Anthony Brennan III, of Kensington, Md. pleaded guilty Wednesday to three counts of second-degree assault for a June 1 incident on the Capital Crescent Trail, WTOP reported.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll D.C. marathon, half marathon and 5k, scheduled for March 27, has been postponed to Nov. 13.
- Arlington’s Oliver Leblond set an American record for the men’s age 45-49 age group for the 100 mile track run in 12:41:57.
- Montgomery County, Md. schools will not run indoor track this winter.
- Georgetown alumna Rachel Schneider was a guest on the I’ll Have Another podcast.
- Endeavorun is conducting a survey about its possible running retreats.
Ten years ago, a federal shutdown came in one of the busiest months for road racing,and nearly cancelled the Marine Corps Marathon.
Zoo Loop now closes at 5 p.m., Arlington Boulevard comments due Sept. 28, Kelati heading to world road racing championships.
After a nearly year-long hiatus, Pace the Nation has returned with St. Andrews graduate and Georgetown recruit Tinoda Matsatsa.
Keira D’Amato breaks the American record in the half marathon, Chantilly’s Sean McGorty makes the world 5k team and DDOT will hold a meeting on a new bridge to the Arboretum.
2023 will be the 10 year anniversary of the St. Louis Hawks 5K and Fun Run for Health & Wellness. The USATF certified course runs through the historic Hollin Hills neighborhood in Alexandria, VA.
The Hawks 5K goal, in conjunction